Day 9 - 18.12.2025 - Day trip To Stockholm
Was supposed to be up early this morning, but as I had a rough night, we slept in until about 09:00 - anyone would think we were on holiday!
Anyway during the night when I couldn't sleep, I was researching parking in Stockholm and apparently the App to use is Parkster, so we found some on-street parking as close to the centre as possible without entering the congestion charge zone.
Anyway half hour later we were parked up and starting an hour's walk down into the centre of old Stockholm.
By 1pm we were getting hungry and spotted a little restaurant called the Hairy Pig - Marie had reindeer taco with salad and fries and I had wild boar sausage with salad and fries - washed down with a local stout - it was great!
Then we walked around the old town, found a bakery (getting good at that) and a Science Fiction book and game shop which was stupendous!!
Then found a Christmas Market, which was interesting...
Stockholm had really impressed us - and the people were lovely (and all spoke perfect English which helped) - would definitely like to come back one day.
By this time we had had enough, so we caught a local train back to the car and then drove home to the AirBnB.
Tea and early night as we have a long drive ahead of us tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...